Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Help ! I have just purchased a Canon Pixma MG 7550 printer. Firstly

Customer Question

Help !
I have just purchased a Canon Pixma MG 7550 printer.
Firstly the set up Disc does not work in my mac. I then went to Canon online and downloaded the set up Software for Mac.
This leads me through how to set up the Lan Settings for Wireless, if i do this using the Printer, standard set up it picks up my router, enter password ***** it says ready to go.
However, it is not, my computer does not have it showing on Airport.
If i follow the downloaded software, it says searching for printer on network, Wireless lan connections ticked, Access Point connection ticked,searching for printer & it does not find it ??
It is showing in my network connections but not picking it up in airport, it is showing connected on the printer??
Please help... these things i supposed to be straight forward ??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Ok, just to back up a bit and go through this step by step, first you got the Mac software downloaded on the computer correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Firstly, i have downloaded from Canon:

MG7500 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)

This takes me as far as trying to find the printer, which it cannot, from there it leaves me nowhere other than troubleshooting which i have gone through on the actual printer (which says it is connected)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that Paul
You first need to connect the printer to the wireless network, then you run the installation on the computer as until you do this the computer cant find the printer.
I think its easiest for you to watch this film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2StMbim3JE
Skip to 7:30 and follow the steps he does to connect it to the wifi.
Once its connected then re-run the installation on the computer and it should then find it.
Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already watched the film,

I have already connected the printer to the wireless network.

I then run the software which takes me up to the point where it tries to find the printer & it comes up with nothing. It then takes me to a troubleshooting part which i go through and still nothing.

Just to Clarify :

It shows Canon Printer in my Airport but does not detect it with software.

It shows Canon printer in my network preferences but does not print, just shows paused, if press the stop pause it automatically goes back to pause.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Paul
Whats the make and model of your wifi router?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BT Home HUB 5 type A

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the back of the router is a reset button
You may need a paperclip and push the button in for 10 seconds, then release.
Then power off the printer (remove power from the wall) and wait 5 minutes.
Power it on, restart the computer and then try to connect to the printer via the installation.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Difference still showing in networks airport on my computer but when the software searches for it nothing shows.

The wireless icon on the printer is flashing and the screen shows follow the instructions o the computer/smartphone to perform the operation ?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the printer still thinks its in setup mode.
Can you disconnect the printer from the wifi network so the icon is not on.
Let me know when you have please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cant figure how to get it to dissconnect, it only has setting to connect ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok i have discconected Lan now

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard ,

I will resume with you tomorrow, i have business to do now.

Ty so far..

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now power off the printer and again reset the BT Hub
Then remove the printer on the mac so its not there at all
Let me know when you have please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Im back again now.

If you are available, i am ready, removed from mac.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now on the back of the BT Hub hold the reset in for 10 seconds, then release please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Morning Richard,

I have reset the HUb

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Morning Paul and thanks.
Now try to install the canon and let me know how it goes please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok,

Do you want me to install it from the Printer, as the software will not recognise anything yet. Would it be best to go for Wireless Lan Set Up ?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes please, if you have a USB cable there it is best to do it wired Paul, if not we will have to go for the wireless lan setup.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, step by step, searching for access point, wps access point found, start set up, hold down wps .... ok it connects instantly when it searches for access point on its own but it does not connect when you search with wps, once it has fini

shed searching and says it has not found it, the icon for connecting is showing on ??

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Paul, we have confirmed the issue
It is the internal wifi adapter in the printer that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

I thought i would let you know, it was not the internal wifi adapter, it was Firewall settings on my mac that would not allow the software to load properly. Once i have disabled this, it was all loaded & now working.