Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Pixma IP4700 with error 5B00 Can you advise me

Customer Question

Pixma IP4700
with error 5B00
Can you advise me
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
please let me know how old is the printer and how often is printer used for printing
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
The error code is a service error indicating ink absorber full. usually this involves getting the absorber replaced and for the same the unit needs to be serviced
the ink absorber is basically a sponge pad that collects excess ink during printing and cleaning cycles
once the pad gets full, there is a risk of ink spillage within the printer which can cause further damage
since you have already attempted ink counter reset and still the error is getting repeated, the waste ink pad would need to be replaced
turn off the unit....slide the cradle to one corner..now have a look..you will be able to see a sponge
if the unit is within warranty cover, please contact canon to get this sponge replaced.
else if the unit is out of warranty, please take out the sponge, clean it with water...let it dry for few hours...then insert it back in...else you can contact a local repair store a get a new sponge and insert that one in and this error should get fixed
i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again
Let me know if you have any questions
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Canon printer was bought in 2011

I have tried the reset procedure with out success and now the printer will not turn on

So I`m unable to try anything else.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
the error code is a service error
it seems that there could have been internal spillage within the printer from the absorber pad
it would be best to get the unit serviced without attempting anything on your own at this point to avoid further damage
Let me know if you have any questions