Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

/canon/pixma-ix6500 my printer is not printing the blue colour

/canon/pixma-ix6500 my printer is not printing the blue colour i have cleaned the print heads and changed all the inks what else can i do( i have done a test and its the blue thats at fault)
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
How did you clean the print head?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I ran it under the cold water tap

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I want you to soak it in warm soapy water please Linda for 15 minutes.
Then rinse it and dry it out.
Then put it back in the printer and tell me please if blue now works.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard the colour has been restored but its got some lines down the photo

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Linda.
I would try to clean it one last time and make sure it is dry. If it is, then it means the print head itself id faulty and would need to be replaced.
This will be covered under the warranty, but if this has expired it is more cost effective to purchase a replacement printer as the print head is hard to source for this model and quite expensive.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.