Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I can't get my canon Mx925 to work as a fax machine

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, is your phone line a digital phone line? if so, faxing often has problems with digital phone services.

Second, is the phone cable from the phone service hooked up to the 'L' or 'Line' jack?

Third, is every other device on the same line hooked up to the 'P' or 'Phone' jack?

What indication do you have of failure to fax out, or failure to receive faxes? which of those two functions is having a problem, or is it both faxing out and receiving faxes that has a problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As soon as the phone line is plugged into the fax instead of the wall, the dialling tone disappears. When the fax machine tries to send a fax, the fax fails. I haven't yet tried receiving a fax.

If your printer is new, and if it's L or LINE jack 'absorbs' the dial tone, then it is defective - if the cable and the phone line service are not at fault. Return it to the vendor or store for an exchange on that basis, I recommend.