Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Officejet 576 dw will not connect to my ASUS laptop as of yesterday

Officejet 576 dw will not connect to my ASUS laptop as of yesterday via wifi (but did before).
My second laptop continues to connect and work correctly.
Have downlaoded latest softare and reinstalled all drivers and also followed HP troubleshooting guide, but still refususes to connect.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Mike! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Have you tried disconnect the power cords from the modem/router and printer and reconnect, and check?

Have you tried to do a system restore, and check?

Does your Asus laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No message - but cant find Printer via wifi - both connected to BT Home Hub 4 (my other laptop continues to work OK with printer).

Not tried system restore - how do I do this (any risks or loss of data?)

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Have disconnected and powered off/on printer/router/laptop.

Was there any change recently to the computer that may have caused the issue, such as installing a program, or there was windows update, etc.?

Both the computer and the printer are connected to the exact same Wi-Fi / wireless network name right?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not loaded any new software (other than trying to reload and reinstall the 576dw drivers since the problem re-occurred.

Yes there were some automatic Windows Updates that went thru yesterday (I dont recall if this was before or after the problem first occurred).

Both computer and printer are connected to same wifi network.

Yes we can grant you access to my laptop for duration of fix (only)

Yes, access is for duration of fix only. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=025cfd94-25b1-4d44-bc3b-3523333c3278

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.