Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

MG5150 printing photos on glossy paper, or matt photo paper

MG5150 printing photos on glossy paper, or matt photo paper has a blue haze and where the image is black or very dark a luminous blue. I have tried renewing cartridges, different kinds of papers, using software to clean nozzles (test print was fine) and several different photos from different cameras. I've also downloaded the latest software.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning it by hand yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - I don't know how, and don't want to risk just going by ear.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridge that when pushed ink will come out that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A thousand thanks. Few would have believed in the second decade of the 21st century that this problem could be solved with a dozen cotton buds instead of a brand new printer. Cool

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.