Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon pixma 6350 broken hinges on lid

Customer Question

canon pixma 6350 broken hinges on lid
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m Wes. I’ll be glad to help with the issue and answer any questions.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
Are the hinges completely broken off or do they look like they can be superglued back on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THE HINGES ARE OK BUT A SMALL SEGMENT OF THE LID ADJACENT TO EACH OF THE TWO HINGES HAS BROKEN OFF. IF I GLUE THEM BACK ON I MAY HAVE DIFFICULTY GETTING THE HOLE WHICH IS IN THE BROKEN OFF PIECE LINED UP WITH THE HINGE TAB. I DO NOT KNOW IF NEW PARTS ARE AVAILABLE. THERE MUST BE PLENTY SECOND HAND BUT WHERE?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

FURTHER REPLY THE HINGES ARE OK AND DETACHABLE. THE TWO LID TABS HAVE CORNER PIECES SNAPPED OFF. IF I GLUE BACK IT WILL BE HARD TO GET THE HOLE IN THE SNAPPED OFF PIECE BACK IN LINE WITH THE HINGE TAB.,BOTH REPAIRS WOULD NEED TO BE SPOT ON TO AVOID STRESSING EACH OTHER.THE LID AND HINGES ARE FLIMSY.I DO NOT KNOW IF I CAN GET REPLACEMENTS NEW OR SECONDHAND.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
Thank for your reply. The parts will definitely need to be replaced. You can purchase parts at the following link: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/support_pro/pro_service-parts?cm_sp=CSO+PROSS-_-Service+%26+Support-_-Parts+and+AccessoriesThe phone number to the parts store in on the bottom of the website as well. Just let them know your Canon printer model and they can locate the part for you.