Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

H P printer 309G shows fault code OX61011 beb. I have looked

H P printer 309G shows fault code OX61011 beb. I have looked in the back and front very clean no paper jam visible, Help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you please remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes, then connect the power again.
Then try to print and tell me please if you still get the error.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried that - still error message, machine makes all the same noises when turned on and off.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** do the following please
Without turning off the printer, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer.
If your printer has a network or wireless connection, ignore this step.
Figure : Example USB connection (your printer might not look exactly the same as this example)
Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
Wait until a message to insert the ink cartridges displays.
Wait until the ink cartridge lights blink.
Wait 60 seconds.
Reconnect the power cord. If the printer does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close any open doors on the printer.
Then try to print
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem with removing ink cartridges is the carriage does not move. I did manually move the carriage and removed the ink and replace with no effect

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Michael, it confirms the problem
It is the print head that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.