WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

When trying to print, the print stops before paper is fed and

Customer Question

When trying to print, the print stops before paper is fed and saying fault is Paper Jam, when no paper is jammed
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m Wes. I’ll be glad to help with the issue and answer any questions.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.To fix the problem, use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well. Open each cover front, top, and back of the printer and look for pieces of paper in the rollers. Move the rollers with your fingers to clean and move any loose paper out as well.