Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My printer keeps requesting me to re-install/check print head.

My printer keeps requesting me to re-install/check print head. Have done this, Cleaned the print head (although not requested to do so) and the printer still wont print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What model printer is it? How did you clean it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model is ESP 3.2S

Cleaned it with a clean/dry tissue which I have done a couple of times with no problems

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you remove it when you cleaned it that way? How old is the machine? When was the last time the print head was replaced with a new one?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes removed print head when I cleaned it

Approx 7 Years old

Print head last replaced 2009

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok that explains the issue then since you already ruled out cleaning. Kodak print heads normally last 2 years and when they last longer should be replaced at least once every 5 years. Your machine uses a 30 series print head. You can get a replacement from here: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Freddy

appreciate your help and will now order a new Prin t Head BUT if that doesn't solve the problem can I get back to you Free of Charge?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If the same thing happens it would mean the logic board inside the machine has failed and needs to be replaced. This is unlikely however as you usually get other errors as well before this one and usually see things like computer communication errors. This can be expensive though so when it happens it can sometimes be cheaper to replace the machine, or buy the same model with a different problem on eBay and use one of the two for parts. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm waiting for a new Print Head to be delivered. Will let you know if it was successful or not!