Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Cannon MP470 printer which I am very cofortable with and

Customer Question

My Cannon MP470 printer which I am very cofortable with and which prints very well has a fault, the fault being that it keeps coming up with paper jam when there is no paper jam at all as very occasionaly it does print. How can I rectify this problem, bearing in mind I am a "Silver surfer"!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What is the exact and entire error that comes up including any numbers?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Error:

Paper output slot

The paper is jammed. Clear the paper and press OK.

This is the exact message that is shown.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Next time this happens remove all paper from the machine and disconnect all cables.
Then using canned air duster, or a compresser on the lowest setting blow it out.

Blow out both where the paper enters and where it exits even though it only mentions output.
Do this 3 or 4 times and then test the machine.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.