Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Printer error has accured contact serice center

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. The error should have an error code number as well. What is the error code?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

error code B200

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Darn, that is a very bad error. How old is the machine? Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

About 9 years old ,not tried cleaning it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridge that when pushed ink will come out that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

stillnot working

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
As I mentioned in the first post I sent you it is possible you are going to need a part in order to fix this. Next remove the ink and then look at the carriage. You should see a latch or lever you can lift. That will allow you to remove the print head. It sits under the cartridges in the carriages and looks like this image:

Take only the print head and soak it in warm water for 10 minutes. Then change the water and repeat this. Keep repeating it until after 10 minutes the water is clear. Then let it air dry for 10 minutes. Do not test it yet but insert the print head and cartridges. Use the cleaning built into the machine once and then test it.

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry have to go out back at 5pm.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok, after trying what I just sent you if the same thing happens I really hate to say it but if the same thing happens it means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced.There is a small chance that even with a new board the same thing will happen. The only way to find out for sure is to try another one. If it does not print properly with a new board it means that the print head has failed as well and needs to be replaced. This is less likely than the print head because normally the print head also shows a 6A00 error. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry can not find leaver to get out

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It could be a latch as well, check this image
:http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments/ServiceWareImages/LDImages/SolutionAnswer/MP600/05SJ00487_02.gif
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK have removed print head now trying to dry it . placed back and print ink back . still showing error B200

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
After trying what I just sent you if the same thing happens I really hate to say it but if the same thing happens it means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced.There is a small chance that even with a new board the same thing will happen. The only way to find out for sure is to try another one. If it does not print properly with a new board it means that the print head has failed as well and needs to be replaced. This is less likely than the print head because normally the print head also shows a 6A00 error. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is cost of logic board and also the print head cost

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Without a warranty it is usually cheaper to replace the machine. The board costs about £60-75 and the print head costs between £30-50. The lower end of those would be refurbished off of eBay. This is also not including any labour if you have a technician do it. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks will buy new one