Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a LBP7200Cdn Canon printer and reason everytime

Customer Question

I have a LBP7200Cdn Canon printer and for some reason everytime I try to print I get this error code E020 0000. Can you tell me what I should do please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it the same number every time?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off leave it for 30 seconds and turn it back on. Do this 3 times, does it make a buzzing noise every time?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not really but when I switch it back on it is more of a grinding/ grating noise as if something is offline on a roller inside or is stuck. But the warning sometimes advises a "communication error" which would suggest this is not the cause of the issue

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok this error refers to the toner, can you remove the toner and check the area.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What should I be checking for?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize I meant to give you that as well. You will want to clean the entire area of any toner dust. Be careful of the fuser as it can get very hot.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done this now but the orange light is still on on the top next to the symbol that looks like a triangle with a lightening bolt through it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok if you have not put the toner back in, turn the machine off and on a few times again like you did originally. Did the noise change at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, the light goes green then something kicks in and the grinding noise starts again. and I just checked the area that I cleaned and it is covered in toner dust again.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I was afraid you were going to say that and hate to say I am going to have to give you some bad news. The error you have means no toner is making it to the developer. Sometimes just cleaning it and reseating the toner will fix it. When it does not it normally means that a few different parts could need to be replaced. You are going to need a technician to test the Hopper Assembly, Developing Assembly, Power Supply PCB and the DC Controller. The developer being the most common reason for this from what I have seen but all of those parts can cause this and need to be tested. If it is under a year old this should be covered by Canons warranty otherwise I would call around for a price. Just testing the parts is normally about £75. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.