Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a xp412 and suddenly the wording is broken up and half

I have a xp412 and suddenly the wording is broken up and half the wording is missing and smeared I have tried to look at the cartridge but on opening the printer and pressing OK the cartridge casing put. I can not gain access to the cartridges can you help please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, can you remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Plug the power back in, turn on the printer and tell me please if the cartridge now comes out please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

done as instructed still dose not allow stays put after switching on it and pressing ok it flies back and forth on switching power on

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you push it a bit Dennis, can you get it to come out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried pressing dose not move I have notised that on pressing ok the copy setting comes up Is that normal

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No its not.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. It explains all the symptoms here.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.