Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

How do i scan a document from a mg3250 printer to my lapto

Customer Question

how do i scan a document from a mg3250 printer to my laptop
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac is on the laptop?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dell studio laptop 2006 - windows 8 i think

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please follow the steps in this video, it mentioned HP but works the same for all brands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwxIP35VO9k

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry my son's compuer was windows 8, this is windows 7 my wife says- the video you sent me refered to a fax & scan option in the search field of the menu icon bottom left hand corner but this did not come up as an option on this software-still need help

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The video I gave you was for windows 8. To do it in windows 7 follow these steps:
Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.

Click Scan at the bottom of the left pane.
On the toolbar, click New Scan.

In the New Scan dialog box, click the Profile list, and then choose Documents. The default settings for scanning a document, which you can use or change, are automatically displayed.

To see how your document will appear when scanned, click Preview.
Click Scan. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no windows fax and scan listed in programmes, there is one for the printer but it only gives an uninstall option which of course I don't want to do, it does not respond when i just click on the mk3250 programme-it shouldn't be this difficult to do

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You can use paint instead it does it the same way.
Click start and type in paint then click on it in the list.

Click either the blue box on the top left or file whichever you see.
Then click on from scanner or camera, to scan.

Once scanned click on file/the box again and then click on save as.
.