Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Is there a driver or an update that will allow my pixma 3200

Customer Question

Is there a driver or an update that will allow my pixma 3200 printer to become compatible with the Linux Mint program installed on my computer please.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That depends upon what problem you are having with the Linux Mint printing to that printer model.

Are you doing your printing by network connection? if so, be warned that is more difficult than a local connection.

Also: for the Canon PIXMA MG3220 (-is that your printer? look on the manufacturer's label for the printer's real, complete, model #. That is needed to settle this question...) the Linux driver that you should install is from this source only - the maker, Canon:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3220#DriversAndSoftware

Let me know, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The information I received was of no help what so ever there was nothing at all.

I was asking you, please:

What is the exact model of your printer?

How is it hooked up to your Linux Mint computer - by networked connection, or by USB cable?

What is the exact problem it is having?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Russel, Canon Pixma MG3200.

Connected by USB.

Can I get in touch with you later please,we are having problems with the computer now.

Things have gone mammaries skywards.

Printing problems :-

Print one colour.

No print.

Very very slow printing causing image distortion.

Over printing of prevoiusimage

Regards Dennis.

Thanks for the info, let me know when you need to resume the case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok for tomorrow, any time at your convenience.

OK.