Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My HP5510 printer seems to have stopped printing and I need

My HP5510 printer seems to have stopped printing and I need to chat to someone to find out why and put it right
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you getting a specific error message when this happens? And from what are your print? eg: Windows, Mac computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. I am not getting any error message. It will print some things but rather pale. It will print colour but also pale. It will not even copy but if there is colour on the original it will pick out the colour and print it (again pale) but it will not print any of the black

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brenda
How did you clean the print head?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cleaned it by using clean printhead in tools on the printer

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks that is correct
If you try to copy, what exactly happens?
Any response at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It will not copy anything black but will pick out colours although sometimes a little bit of pale black does print

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it looks like the printhead has faulted or the cartridge for black.
I need to know please, has this problem occurred with multiple black cartridges?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had to change the cartridge twice in the last month. I do have a new spare cartridge. Shall I fit it to see if it makes a difference.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes please Brenda
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I changed the cartridge and it is exactly the same. If I press black - nothing at all is printed

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brenda, it confirms the problem
It is the print head that has faulted.
All other causes for this problem have been ruled out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced (the printhead is non removable so they have to replace the entire printer). It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.