Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canon Pixma MX895 printer. Recently had to replace

I have a Canon Pixma MX895 printer. Recently had to replace the printer head. Now I cannot print in colour and the alignment is poor. No amount of cleaning / head alignment seems to make any difference. Any ideas ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How recently did you replace the print head? What you are describing is almost always caused by the print head.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I replaced it a couple of weeks ago and haven't been able to print properly ever since

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Was it a new or refurbished print head? Can you test the old one?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was a new one. Canon part. I have not kept the old one

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If it was new it should have come with a warranty, are you using new genuine Canon ink as well? From what you are teling me I would return the print head and exchange it for another.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I'm not using genuine Canon ink. Would that invalidate the warranty ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It can yes just do not mention it. However with a new print head you are also going to want to test and clean with genuine ink. Generic and refills are watered down which could cause your problem. Even if you continue to use the generics for the first time you use a new print head always use genuine Canon ink. I suggest returning the print head and exchanging it for another try not to mention not using Canon ink. Then when you get the new one put in Canon ink and run the cleaning once before even testing the machine. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.