Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have an Epson XP-750 printer which prints as a blur i.e.

I have an Epson XP-750 printer which prints as a blur i.e. looks like printing content twice to give blur effect. what could be the problem? It is only 2 months old.
Regards,
Tony Read
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have cleaned and tried to realign the heads but it would not let me adjust the numbers but came up with error OxEA.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How did you clean it? Is that error still coming up if you try to print something?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have cleaned the heads as per touch screen menu. On the print out the horizontal lines are still slightly wavy but they are not broken. It will print a document but it is still blurred.

The screen on the printer tells me that the cartridges are empty but I only replaced them yesterday and have not done any printing since. T

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridge that when pushed ink will come out that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done as you suggested but it has made no difference. It won't print at all, it tells me that the ink cartridges need replacing as two are empt.y

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Are you using genuine non refilled Epson cartridges?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
When you go to print click on preferences or properties next to the printers name. Then look for a quality option and change it to best or highest from whatever it is now.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It won't let me print at all because it is saying that the cartridges need changing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This does not make any difference, it will still not print, saying the cartridges need replacing

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize for the delay in reply. Are both cartridges blurry? Did you buy the machine new or used?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We bought the printer new. I do not understand what you mean by both cartridges.

Does it need sending back to the makers?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I meant does both color and black come out blurry from what you are saying yes it sounds like it needs to be repaired by Epson. If you had bought it used this would not be covered. Since you bought it new call this number: +44 1442 261144 They may ask you to clean again just let them know you already did it. Then normally a replacement it sent out. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.