Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have just returned from America where I used a canon 2800

Customer Question

I have just returned from America where I used a canon 2800 printer now I need to reprogramme my laptop to use the PIXMA MP280 I have here. How do I do this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, you need to connect the computer to the printer and download and install the driver which you can do from my link below
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp280#DriversAndSoftware
This then sets up your computer to be able to print to the printer.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't understand Ihave aprinter and a laptop I don't need to buy anything so what is your website for that I need to download?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The website is for the driver you need to download to enable the laptop to talk to the printer. Its free, nothing was mentioned about having to purchasing anything so I don't understand why you say that Janice?