Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My MG3550 insists that there is paper jammed inside the printer.

My MG3550 insists that there is paper jammed inside the printer. The 'trouble shooter' tells me how to open the back & remove it. That would be great except that there is no paper anywhere in the machine. How can it be persuaded of this so can actually use it again? AMR west yorks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Let me know the error code if you have any on the screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no code on screen @ present - error lamp makes flashes in groups of 3. Shall i ask it to print something again& see if a code comes up?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
there should be a support code like = 1300, 1303, 1304
Support Code = 1250
with flashing error light 3 times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried to print _ came up with support code 1303

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Paper is jammed at the paper output slot.
Remove the jammed paper slowly with both hands.
Press the printer's Start button.
copy and paste the link to view the video how to remove paper jam from output slot.
http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/videos/pixma_mg3550/
Try to open the cover and remove the ink cartridges and use a flash light to see deep in as there must be a piece of paper clips, paper sticker or something which might be stuck inside the printer.
let me know how old is the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This problem occured whilst printing a multipage download. It had happened once and I successfully removed a sheet of paper from the back - it came out intact, flat with no corners or other bits missing. When it came up again again I could not see any paper stuck in there. I have now looked inside again more thoroughly using a bright lamp and large magnifying glass. If there is anything in there that shouldn't be it is well out of sight without taking the machine to bits. It is only a few months old. I reckon my best bet is just to replace it. Agree?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
The electrical sensor and parts which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam may have issues either there is dust on it or its gone bad and might need to be replaced. You can first open up the printer and blow air in it use a compressed air to remove all dust. If it doesn't work then then the printer needs a repair due to sensor problem. Printer in warranty then you have to contact the manufacturer for a replacement. Remove the cartridges and keep it in an airtight container till you get a replacement printer.
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
You can call at +44 (0)207(###) ###-####*
The waiting time may vary depending on:
> the time of day you are calling
> the number of customers in queue
> the time needed to answer questions from other customers
Canon UK helpdesk can be reached on Monday to Friday from 09:00am to 18:00pm and from 18 April 2015, also be open on Saturdays from 10:00am until 16.00pm.
During this phone call you might be asked for some additional information. We recommend having the product as well as the following data to hand:
• Exact product model name e.g. EOS 400D
• Serial number of your device
• Operating system installed on your computer if applicable e.g. Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.9 (How to identify your operating system)
• Reference number of a previous contact with our helpdesk if available.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further