Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I ma trying to print a photo on HP Advanced photo paper 10

Customer Question

I ma trying to print a photo on HP Advanced photo paper 10 x 15cm on my HP OfficejetJ3680 All-in-One. The photo printed OK on A4 as a test but the printer is picking up the paper but it is not rolling through. I have had to open the back to extract it. Can you help please ? Antony.
Category: Printers
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! So it printed ok on A4, but when you try to print on the photo paper it doesn't pick it up? Do I have that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It picks up but gets jammed inside the printer. It printed ok on photo paper but was crooked now it is not printing atall.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Did you adjust any settings on the computer printer settings before you went to print? Need to specify it is printing on photo paper so the printer knows how to handle the paper
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I adjusted all the settings but could find no link to adjust from Portrait

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Are you wanting to print portrait and not landscape? What program are you printing from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Want to print landscape. I am using Microsoft Office from pic saved in Drop Box

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
You may need to adjust the page layout before going to print
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So where do I find the link to adjust from Portrait to Landscape or vice versa ?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Which program within office? Word, Powerpoint..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Word

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So in word on the menu bar do you see page layout?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes . Silly of me I should have tried that. If I adjust to Landscape will that sort it ?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
It should...give it a try
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK will do . Thanks for your help. If it doesn't work can I come back to you ?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can return here no problem. Hope I Was able to help...please do leave a positive rating it would greatly be appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mr Stevens,

Afraid it did not work. Adjustment worked OK. The pic is printing OK when using photo paper vertically but cuts pic in half, the paper jams if used horizontally to fit landscape . . Sorry to hassle you further. Should I put a pack of paper into the feeder rather than single sheet do you think ?

Antony.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Antony - Yes definitely put at least 10 sheets in there so the printer has a little more to have traction on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried that and it took about 3 sheets at once. Now the printer has started making a noise as if trying to pick up sheets. Have opened the back and cleared paper. That sorted the pick up problem. Beginning to think the printer is malfunctioning. Do you have any more ideas ? Antony

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Only other thing I can think of would be to reinstall the printer software on the computer to see if it is maybe a driver issue. Otherwise I think you are correct about the printer malfunctioning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I'll try that. Thanks. Antony

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Please let me know if that helps. Is the printer less than 1 year in age?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
If it is, you should definitely be still covered under the manufacturer warranty. I can give you the contact info for HP so that you can get the printer serviced or replaced.