Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a Canon Pro 9000 printer. There is a problem with a

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pro 9000 printer. There is a problem with a replacement cartridge which the printer does not recognise. It is a Canon own cartridge, not a cheap one. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power from the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Then plug the power back in, turn on the printer and tell me if it now recognizes it please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change. The problem is still there.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you remove the print head and from the printer, and then soak it in warm soapy water giving it a good clean.
Let it soak for 15 minutes, then dry it out completely, put it in the printer and check if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please tell me what the print head is and where I can find it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Of course, this is the compartment that houses the print cartridge.
You can see it in this film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheZf-vdho8
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have cleaned the print head, but the problem is still there.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. This now confirms it
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I wish to cancel my monthly subscription as I am a private customer, not a business.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem, I am only an engineer here, but if you email customer service on
***@******.***
They can do this for you
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.