Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Russell, my printer isn't printing PGBK at all. On the nozzle

Customer Question

Hi Russell, my printer isn't printing PGBK at all. On the nozzle test nothing prints at all, it's like the printer isn't aware that it has that cartridge
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it a genuine Canon cartridge? Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have cleaned it and the print head too

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How did you clean each of them and is it a genuine Canon cartridge?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just swabbed them with a damp cloth

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is this a genuine non-refilled Canon cartridge?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh sorry, forgot to answer that, no they are refillable ones. I have two sets and changed the old one to a new one

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also should have said, I replaced the old one because it wasn't working, rather than it just not working on the new one

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Refilled and generic cartridges can cause this error especially if they are older. Please try using a set of Genuine cartridges even if you are going to use refills after and let me know what happens.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I actually use edible ink in this printer, so can't use genuine cartridges.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok you did not mention that before, do you know how to remove the print head?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok please remove the print head from the machine. Take only the print head and soak it in warm water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, change the water and repeat this. Keep repeating this (minimum of twice) until the water is clear after waiting 10 minutes. Then let it air dry another 10 minutes. Put it and the ink in the machine and see if anything has changed. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.