Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My computer says my printer is offline and therefore it won't

Customer Question

my computer says my printer is offline and therefore it won't send any documents to print, but my printer says it's connected to wireless. What can I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please let me know the make and model number of the printer, operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7 or click here to know the operating system) and connection type (USB or wireless), so that I can assist you better.

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the printer is HP photosmart 5520

Windows 7

wireless

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Have you recently changed any wireless settings or the router? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was working fine and then suddenly stopped

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please restart the computer, router and the printer. Then, check if the issue resolved. If not, we will setup wireless again on the printer. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I cannot rate your answer until I have followed your instructions. will do it then. Ok?

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please follow the instructions and rate the anwer only if the issue has been resolved. If not, please be back, so that we can setup wireless on the printer. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No still not working even though printer still says it's connected.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Do you have a printer USB cable for connecting the printer to the computer? It is just for setting up wireless. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately I lost the cable otherwise I would use it to print directly....

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please go to the link below, download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows listed under Utility-diagnostic tools. Follow the on screen instructions and let me know if the issue persists.http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-5520-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5157533/model/5157535#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1 Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please do that and let me know if the issue persists. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you it's working...fantastic!!!

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

S H E F I N