Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have just bought an Epson 520 it wont work as it keeps coming

Customer Question

I have just bought an Epson 520 it wont work as it keeps coming up with "open the output
tray manually. What can I do to rectify this
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Please give me the exact and entire message exactly the way you see it including any numbers.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Open the output tray manually is what the printer is saying no numbers

just that

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok is the output tray open? What happens if you open and close it a couple times then restart the machine?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had the tray out switched off the machine reloaded it then switched it back on still no response it just keeps coming back to Open the output tray manually

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Open and close it a few times and please leave it closed when restarting. Then turn it on and open it once you see the error. Then press and hold the stop/cancel button (usually red) for 10 seconds. Does anything change?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do you open and close the output tray

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Go to this video it is not your model but they open the same way: Click Here It should start where he opens the output tray. If it does not go to 4:22. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.