Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

HP OFFICEJET J6410 ALL IN ONE PRINTER.PRINTER LOADED WITH PAPER.MESSAG

Customer Question

HP OFFICEJET J6410 ALL IN ONE PRINTER.PRINTER LOADED WITH PAPER.MESSAGE TELLING ME THAT THE TRAY IS EMPTY. IF I GO TO COPY THE PRINTER FINDS THE PAPER OK. THANK YOU.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you get a message saying the 'Tray is empty', and on the other hand "the tray" seems to be full, double-check as to what that is defined as being, or to put it another way: "Which tray is the empty tray?"

Your settings may have the printer looking in the wrong place, or in a place where you are not expecting it to be expecting paper. So check your printer's driver settings, where they mention 'Tray' or 'Paper source'... if you need specific instructions, let me know whether you have a Windows PC or an Apple computer.