Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Cannon Pixma MP 560 has stopped working , have checked the

Customer Question

My Cannon Pixma MP 560 has stopped working , have checked the input lead and fuse, both OK
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it showing an error?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No errors shown the machine simpy does no start when I press the on switch.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you recently have a power outage? How old is the printer? You said you checked the power cable, how did you check it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine is about 4 years old and I doubt if I hasve printed 250 sheets of paper in this time

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How many sheets you've printed does not change anything it may still need a part. .
Did you recently have a power outage? You said you checked the power cable, how did you check it?
.