Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Epson wf2520 - paper out problems

Epson wf2520 - paper out problems
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Please give me the exact and entire error message it shows you.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Paper Out

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
There should be more to it than that like a number for example. Is it only showing on the computer? If it is what version of windows or mac is on the computer? If you print with a different program does it give the same error?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm using it as a standalone copier at present. It's not given the same problem under Windows 7 but I've not done very much with, printer was only purchased last Monday

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please go through the copy settings again one of them should be the tray/rear feed. Siwtch that and let me know what it does.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There no alternative feed on the WF-2520. Copy options are about paper size, plains/vs photo, quality & density.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is odd it should show different options. However the type can often cause it as well. What do you have the size and type set to?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A4, plain paper, std quality, std density, only the first 2 pertain to the mechanical handling required.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Correct that is why I only asked for the first two. Please switch it off A4 and test it, let me know what happens.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I set it to a smaller size, the sheet fed ok and it printed a reduced size image, not surprisingly. I set it back to A4 and 1 sheet fed ok. It is intermittent (as many problems are) and it mainly happens on sheets that I am printing on the second side.

I'll have to continue to monitor it and see how it goes. Is there a paper sensor that could be faulty??

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately no, this machine senses the paper by whether or not the pick up roller has anything to feed through. Sometimes switching it back and forth as well as cleaning out the feeder with canned air duster can help. Since it got slightly better I suggest cleaning it out next. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.