Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Kodak 3200. have a paper jam...how do I get the back off. It

Customer Question

Kodak 3200. have a paper jam...how do I get the back off. It came off once when it flew out when I tried printing on thicker paper. Put it back but think it was on wrong..now can't get the back off to get paper unstuck ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I think that you may have a difficulty: the paper may have stuck in one of the parts that are supposed to slide past each other easily, in order for the back (or, rear cleanout assembly) to be removed easily. Be prepared to be careful but firm when removing the duplex... or, to try another way to get the paper out, first.The left side of the cleanout assembly in back of the printer (-left, when you have turned the printer around) is supposed to come out of the printer first, when you are pressing down on the tab that holds it in. Is there anything visible through the left side of the cleanout assembly, when you look carefully?If not, hold down that tab, and tug gently on the left side, to move it outward from the printer. Does that help? or, does it stay jammed that way?This is how the cleanout assembly is put back into the printer:http://www.kodak.com/global/images/en/service/printers/aio/troubleshooting/Cleanout_Ay_Install.jpg Deduce from that, how it goes back in.If necessary, pull out the paper tray from the front of the printer, look into the interior of the printer that way, and gently and slowly, grasping with both hands, pull out any paper you see there.Also raise the scanner cover and top of the printer, as if to access the ink cartridges. Any paper visible there? Don't pull it out through that area! it can easily damage the ink cartridges / printheads / carriage / other more delicate parts of the printer, if you try removing paper that way. This is only to assess the situation, of course.Let me know how it goes, and what you find out. And I will advise you further as needed.