Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Cannon pixma printer MG 5350 will not switch on, switch will

Cannon pixma printer MG 5350 will not switch on, switch will not light up, wireless indicator will not light
Up, main fuse OK, no paper blockage,*****@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please unplug all the cables including power and USB cable from then printer. Then, press and hold the power button for one minute. Then, plugin the power cable and try turning on the printer.

Try a different wall socket too.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried this and no sign of any switches lighting up!,have not connected the USB cable

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Have you tried different wall sockets? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have tried another wall socket, is their internal fuse in systemn

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, There is internal circuit board and the issue might be with the circuit board itself. If the printer is not in warranty, it is better to get a new printer itself, because the repair may cost you more than a new printer. I would suggest you check the printer with a nearby technician, and repair it only if it is worthy, If it is some simple issues, and not with the board, you can get it repaired. I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for reply,as you say printers are that cheap that I will get another brand spikedurrant

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I would suggest you check the printer with a local technician. If the issue is with the circuit board, it is better getting a new printer. Unfortunately, except for business-grade workgroup printers, few modern printers are repairable, and fewer are worth repairing. Most printers are now manufactured to a "replace not repair" standard. To understand why this is the case, consider the cold, hard, real-world cost of repairing a printer. There's a two hour shop time minimum charge, with technician time at $US 100/hour. Then add parts - figure a $US 50 minimum for parts. The minimum cost of having a printer repaired is $US 250. The rule of thumb for repair vs. replace is 2/3 of the cost of replacement. Therefore, if you can buy a new printer for $350 or less, you're better off with the new printer. Thank you.S H E F I N