Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

My printer is HP Photosmart 1500 The failure message appears

Customer Question

My printer is HP Photosmart 1500
The failure message appears constantly asking you to turn the printer off then on again.
This doesn't help. Can You please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you today.

Did you try to reset the printer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean starting as if connecting a new printer with password *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can't do anything as the failure message is constantly on screen

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Failure message - 0xc19a0042

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I sent all the information. What's the answer to my problem?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I did not saw your reply. No, resetting means, disconnecting the power cord from the printer for 10 mins. please try it and let me know the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I disconnected the printer for 10 minutes, the screen message remains the same

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Do you get this message "0xc19a0042" on the printer screen ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the confirmation. The error code indicates towards a mechanical fault or printhead fault of the printer. In most of the cases, it is seen that the problem is related to the printhead and the solution for this problem is replacing the printhead. Unfortunately the the printhead of the printer is not a user replaceable part. You have the send the printer to any repair shop for the repairing job. If you want to replace the printhead at home then, you will require two things, one a new printhead and two a service manaul of the printer, because the instructions to dismantle the printer is present in the manual. Please let me know, what you want to do ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will have to take it to a repair shop to have the print head replaced. Is it worth it or would it be cheaper to buy a new printer?

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
First take an estimate from any shop and then take the final decision, as nowadays printers are very cheap and this is also one of the main reason of bad quality printers, as manufacturers are using low quality parts to make the printer cheap.