Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a Epson Stylus DX8400 printer. We had a short power

Hi, I have a Epson Stylus DX8400 printer. We had a short power failure yesterday morning since when my Mac says it is not communicating with the printer. I have checked connections which are green light, tried the different approaches to print, still no good. The printer did print a test page on command from my Mac. Have tried switching off everything and on again = no change. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Brian! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Please disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer for now.
2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top left, then select System Preferences..., then open Print & Scan (or Print & Fax).
3. Select the Epson... printer.
4. Click on the - (minus) icon at the bottom left, and remove/delete the printer for now.
5. Make sure the printer is powered on, then reconnect the printer's USB cable from the printer to the computer.
6. Click on the + (plus) icon at the bottom left, and it should detect your printer, then add it, then check printing.

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That did the trick! Thanks very much.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you for the update