Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I use a CANON iP7250. After a paper jam it is malfunctioning

Customer Question

I use a CANON iP7250. After a paper jam it is malfunctioning with warning lights telling me a fault number 6000 has occurred and to contact a service censer.
Can you please advise me how to proceed.
Grahame Brown
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. This error normally means there is a jam somewhere in the machine.

It does not necessarily mean paper which is why I had you check the ink cartridges. It could be anything from a paper jam, to the cartridges being stuck, even to the feeder itself being damaged making it unable to turn. Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I moved the cradle a few times back and forth then switched on. Remains stuck in warning mode. It is not attempting to calibrate itself. Alternating amber and white lights

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you double check and make sure it is 6000 and not 6A00? Do the lights flash in a pattern?
.