Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

EPSOM STYLUS RX620 SCREEN SHOWS SERVICE REQIRED.PARTS ARE AT

EPSOM STYLUS RX620 SCREEN SHOWS SERVICE REQIRED.PARTS ARE AT THE END OF THERE SEVICE LIFE. CANT CONTINUE WITH PRINTING
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
How old is the printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

8 years

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Berkley
Due to the age of the printer, replacing the parts will be very expensive as you would need to take it into a Epson repair center and as the warranty has expired, you need to pay for the repair.
this would exceed the value of purchasing a replacement printer. Plus you will get a limited warranty on the repair and you are likely to face a power supply issue with a printer of this age.
If you do wish to have it repaired, let me know and I can provide who you will need to contact, else, considering the price of printers these days which has dramatically dropped, it will work out financially better to purchase a replacement printer.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if you reset the counter it cures this problem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I checked your initial message and you said you were unable to continue with printing which indicated a part had failed.
You are saying it was still printing or is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am saying that my daughter says that if you reset the counter on the printer (where ever that is) it will carry on as normal as this fault shows up after a certain amount of prints have been done.unfortunenatly my daughter cannot do this until she is back in 2 weeks time and until this is done the printer will not work.cleaver of epsom

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
it should still print though but to do the reset you turn off the printer
Hold down The Stop Button And The B & W Button
Turn on the printer while holding the buttons down printer will reset
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cracked it thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect! it needed a reset, so we needed to do this combination
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.