Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My Epsom R200 printer when switched on shows alternating flashing

Customer Question

My Epsom R200 printer when switched on shows alternating flashing red light between the ink level indicator and the paper mis-feed indicator - what is the problem please - I do not have an instruction book
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, please remove the power to the printer and wait 10 minutes to let all residue power drain.
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Disconnected for 15 minutes - reconnected but same problem

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Make sure the epson is connected to the computer via a usb cord. Then, go to the link below.
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
download the utility on this page at the bottom. Then install it. then run it.
Then do the reset counters action.. Once it has reset all counters.
turn the printer off and on and tell me please if it now prints
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry this is too technical for me - I will get my son to look at it when he comes in next week

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you want Brian,. I can do it for you as an additional service?
It does have an extra cost, and I have proposed this (it is optional), else have your Son review my instructions and just let me know.
If youwould like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou Richard but I will put it on hold at the moment - your offer appreciated

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem. I have marked this question to never close, so any issues let me know, you just have to have your son do my instructions.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard - Sorry, I thought I had answered you, thanks for your offer - I will come back to you if I may when I get a chance to see my son next week

regards, Brian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, thanks Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will not see my son until Wednesday at the earliest so I am unable to give your response a rating until then

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
no problem, let me know when you have done it please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou Richard for your offer - my son has now resolved the problem

regards Brian