Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canon MG5350 all-in-one printer using Canon inks.

I have a Canon MG5350 all-in-one printer using Canon inks. Recently, no matter which colour profile I use, black or very dark areas of an image print grey/charcoal; all other colours are great. I have used the same Jessop semi matt paper for years. If I put a colour print in the printer and just make a plain colour copy, the black comes out perfectly on PLAIN paper but grey/charcoal on photo paper. I have tried another brand of photo paper but that is just the same.
Can you help please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.