Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Two days ago I got a B200 fault displayed on my MG5350 and

Two days ago I got a B200 fault displayed on my MG5350 and it was useless.
New print head arrived and fitted today. Display back to normal. But it prints blanks, whether using copy or printing a text from the PC.
I did a full reset and then reset to printing from the back slot again. Same result
Ken H.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Did you replace anything else? If you put the old print head back in does it go back to the B200 error?
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried a new set of inks with the old head. Still B200 head connection fault indicated. I took the head out and put it back. The contacts were clean but I wiped them anyway. Still same fault state.

I still have the old head.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
There are 2 causes for the B200 error on these machine. The first being the print head which you ruled out and the second being the logic board. They also rarely fail at the same time. From what you are saying the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. It is sometimes also called the formatter board. If the machine is still under warranty this is normally covered. If it is not the part can cost around £75 and it is usually cheaper to buy a used machine on eBay and swap out the part. Due to this some people would return the new print head and replace the machine itself, if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I expect I will be able to find the logic board because the ribbon feed to the head must come from it. Any idea of how difficult it is to get at?

I doubt I can return the head, other that by saying it is faulty, as I have unpacked it from a sealed makers package and inks were loaded onto it and some ink will be inside it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Some sellers will take it back if it did not work, you would need to find out from them though. To reply the logic board you need to pretty much dissasemle the entire machine. Though on some machines you can just remove the bottom to get to it. I do not have one for your model but here is a guide for the MP480 to use as an example:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Canon+Pixma+MP480+Motherboard+Replacement/12678

That model you can remove the bottom to get to the board. The screws are sometimes hidden by small plastic tabs. I only have MX series machines right now or I would make a guide on here for you. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.