Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Printer "off line" and I've tried everything I can think of.

Customer Question

Printer "off line" and I've tried everything I can think of. How do I get it back on line to print? It's an important part of my buying/selling situation.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Patricia! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No cannot print from glass. I have Windows 7. Can do remote session, provided it doesn't cost me anymore than the £26 at the moment.

There is no additional cost; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=eb862e29-32b2-4f08-b38a-106f391fefb4

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Via remote support; we determined the printer and/or ink is bad. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Please rate my service below for today. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Viet, I have purchased an HP ENVY e-All-In-One printer 4507. I've messed about with it and deleted it again from the system as I cannot get it to print things from my e-mail folders. It keeps going to XPM documents and there is NO way I can get to the PayPal receipts, etc. I want to print. I am thinking of calling back the PC Doctor chap who has done work for me before.

When printing, does it give you the option to select the printer's name you want?

Can you try this:

1. Disconnect the new HP printer's USB cable from the computer for now.
  2. Click on Start, then click on Devices and Printers.
  3. Right-click on each HP printer you see there, then select the Remove option and confirm. Make sure all HP printer(s) are not show any more.
  4. Make sure the new HP printer is powered on.
  5. Re-connect the printer USB cable from the new HP printer to the computer.
  6. Wait a bit and the new HP printer should automatically be installed.
  7. Right-click on the new HP printer, then select the option Set as default printer.
  8. Close all programs, then see if you can print.
    (If needed, when printing, at the print window, make sure to click on the printer's drop-down list, then select the new hp printer name, then print.)

If there is still any issue, I can connect remotely to your computer and get your new printer working.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.