Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Canon MP 560. Photoprints (which have been printing very well

Canon MP 560. Photoprints (which have been printing very well for two years) are now smearing, despite using reputable highquality photo paper and running print head cleaning
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I want you please to manually clean the print head in the printer by removing the print head and soaking it in hot soapy water giving it a good clean then letting it dry out and putting it back in the printer.
To remove it, open the printer and remove the ink cartrisdges.
Push the tab and lift the ink tank to remove.
Raise the print head lock lever.
Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.
Do the clean, dry it out, put it back in the printer and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just trying what you suggest - will get back to you when it dries out and I have replaced it and tested

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Anne.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alas - it is just as bad, or worse. Any other ideas.

The printer is fine on plain paper - just problem with photo printing. I have set it up for right quality paper - for a pic of my grandson.

The photo paper seems to be going through the printer too quickly. When the image comes out it is as if each element if the image has printed several times within a very few mm - so it all looks fuzzy.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Anne
It is the print haed itself that has faulted. Its not connecting with the paper correctly and this is why you are getting the smudge
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.