Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

There, I have a Canon IP1900 Pixma. Despite a colour cartridge,

Hi there, I have a Canon IP1900 Pixma. Despite a colour cartridge, it will not print colour copies. What can I do to fix it? Thanks for your help! Eugenio
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, to remove residue power as the cause for this, can you remove the power to the printer by unplugging it then let it sit for 10 minutes.
then connect the power, turn the printer on and tell me please Eugenio if you still have the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

done, but still black and white. no colours!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are you using a windows or mac computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows Vista

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you click start, devices and printers.
Right click on the printer and select printer properties.
then click on Maintanance
Then do a Head Clean
When it has completed, try to print and tell me please if it is now functioning correctly
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is no such option. I have the following:

cleaning/

deep cleaning/

print head alignment/

nozzle check/

ink cartridge settings/

bottom plate cleaning/

roller cleaning/

power off/

quiet mode/

custom settings/

which one shall I select? Thanks E.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you have a different version and they renamed it, use Deep Cleaning please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still printing in black and white :(

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, run the following please
print head alignment
nozzle check
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

done both. I got the following print out, but if I try and print out the document I am trying to print out in colours, it is still coming out in b/w

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which program are you printing out in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is a word doc

Attachment: 2015-07-15_090808_bark_avenue_1.doc

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, in work, click on print
Then click print properties and you will see in one of your settings its set to Gray Scale or Black and White and needs to be set to colour.
Change this then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can not believe it!

I have tried everything in the past couple of days, I just did not see that the grayscale option was ticked :(

Working now.

Thanks a million for your help, Richard!

Have a nice day!

Eugenio

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome, and your printer is also nice and clean :)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I’m glad to have responded successfully to the trust you placed in JustAnswer. I would be very proud to have your opinion shown publicly as a sign of good service to other customers.
To give your opinion which would be greatly appreciated, just visit the link below:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/justanswer.co.uk
Thank you very much.