Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Since my mac has updated to Yosemite, suddenly my MG3550 printer

Customer Question

Since my mac has updated to Yosemite, suddenly my MG3550 printer and scanner will no longer scan. My computer doesn't recognise it - it says it can't communicate with it because it's not plugged in or turned on but it is. I've tried different USB ports, I've tried taking the printer off printers and scanners and putting it on again, I've tried downloading the latest driver from Canon. It still isn't working. The printer still works it's just it won't scan anything any more.
Also it won't print wirelessly from my mac. Although it WILL print wirelessly from my iPhone.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What application do you use for scanning?

It does not scan with the printer's USB cable either?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.