Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have an HP Office Jet 7500A Wide Format Printer. After printing

Customer Question

I have an HP Office Jet 7500A Wide Format Printer. After printing a page the bot***** *****nes of text over printed. Now the touch panel flashes continuously and will not clear when powered down. I have also powered down my laptop but fault does not rectify. Briefly saw code C2FE0169 on printer touch panel. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think that your printer has a hardware problem. Such an error code, and erratic behavior, unfortunately imply that with some degree of surety. But, the over-printing that you spoke of, could be owing to your sending a print job from an application that used the wrong control codes for this model of printer, for whatever reason. (As well as, it could be a result of a memory error internal to the printer.) So, try a power-off reset of this type, before deciding whether to have the printer repaired, or replaced:- while it is turned On, unplug the printer from the power, sharply and suddenly.- leave it that way, unplugged, for at least 2 hours, or more. Unplug it from the computer, or the network, also.- then plug it in again to just the power. Turn it On if necessary. See if it basically initializes OK. Then re-connect it to your laptop (or other computer) and send it just a basic print job, like from a Notepad document. See if it prints a simple print job, let that print job finish and the printer rest for a minute or two. Then try more complex prints, ending up with the print job that it did the overprinting with. See what its tolerances are now. You could also try an uninstall-restart-reinstall of the printer's drivers and software on the computer, if it turns out the power-off-reset for 2+ hours unplugged helps with the printer's basic performance and behavior.
Thank you for the payment and the bonus.

(In case you inadvertently clicked twice where you should have clicked once, I feel I should inform you that you paid me twice... in case you wish to check on or change that in any way, I have no power over it, and you would have to contact Customer Support a JustAnswer.com:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
and have them take care of any concern of yours about billing or payment.)

If you have decide to dispose of the HP printer, I'd like to inform you that HP offers very good recycling options, including Return-For-Cash and Trade-In options (see tabs on this page):

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/environment/product-recycling.html#.VbUMWvmWaF8

So if you end up deciding to dispose of the printer, as an HP printer it has advantageous possibilities.