WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

Epson 1290 Inkjet printer has suffered paper jam and subsequent

Epson 1290 Inkjet printer has suffered paper jam and subsequent nozzles blockage which will not clear with any amount of attempts using on board cleaning software. I cannot find a reputable service offer for this machine, and it seems doomed for the srap heap. Great pity to see a great printer die like this; any advice ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
Hi,I’m Wes. I’ll be glad to help with the issue and answer any questions.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
The paper jam is usually a problem with dirty rollers that can be cleaned using Windex and a paper towel.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
The nozzle blockage, when normal methods to clean it don't work, will require a replacement print head.If your printer is under warranty, you can get a replacement, if not, then you can order a replacement print head.You can order the parts from Epson Parts here http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supAdvice.jsp?type=highlights&noteoid=153590&UseCookie=yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't live in the USA. If Epson parts are ther ONLY option for pursuing the problem, then I need help in the UK/Leicester area if possible. I will try to get advice direct fronm Epson UK, but as already indicated earlier in my question, I have not found the company any help.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Since the nozzle blockage does not clear, a replacement print head will need to be ordered. The instructions to replace it come with the new print head.Here is the Epson Europe link : http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ViewArticle.aspx?lng=en-GB&kbid=327019&data=0ccCGROWIYMd8Efi2k7MzeJd1apgRITX
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for advice, I have been prompted to try Epson UK web site yet again, and after multiple attempts at getting service dealer direction, have been advised of a nearby local service provider who MAY be worth getting a quote for a replacement head. I will try to give you a good report back to JA.