Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Freddy, thanks a lot chat...! I'm in Italy and I have a problemi with my

Hi Freddy, thanks a lot for this chat...!
I'm in Italy and I have a problemi with my MG4250 Canon, I have the error 5B02 and the printer don't work... What I have to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
The error code 5B02 is a service error indicating an internal fault
Please follow the below steps
remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done, turn on printer and check
let me know if error repeats or goes off
i will suggest further accordingly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle,

thanks a lot for your answer, I did as you suggested but the error still remains... Any other suggestions?

GB

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
if the error code is getting repeated then the unit would need to be serviced.
as i mentioned the error code indicates an internal printer fault. this could be with any of the sensors or on the mainboard and would need the unit to be serviced
if within warranty you can get it done through canon else through a local repair store
i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot fix internal errors requiring service
Let me know if you have any questions
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks a lot Michelle,

I will try with the service.

Have a great Sunday,

GB