Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Samsung ML-2010R. Red error light won't go off. A new sheet

Samsung ML-2010R. Red error light won't go off. A new sheet of paper got stuck but there is nothing left in the printer. Should I just junk the printer and get a new one or is there some way I can convince it that it's got it wrong? I have done all the usual things.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
Please follow the below steps
remove all paper from printer
turn off unit and unplug power cord
keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs
wait for 2 mins
plug in power cord and turn on printer
let me know if it still flashes the red error light or it goes off
i will suggest further accordingly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still got red light - incidentally, not flashing - on all the time. Sorry!

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
did you apply force while removing the jammed paper
also let me know if you were able to pull out the jammed sheet or paper got torn and you pulled out pieces of paper
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No! I've been through all these scenarios in the past with jammed paper and torn paper. This time it was a single clean new sheet of paper which stopped before it had properly even reached the laser and was still completely intact. This is what makes me wonder whether the printer has just plain stopped working and the best thing to do is get another one. They are good simple mono colour laser printers and not very dear so probably not worth the cost of repairing, but I just wondered whether anybody had a cunning plan which I didn't know of for kick-starting it.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Please open the link given below and go to page 59 onwards watch the clearing jam carefully and follow the steps there might be some foreign object paper clip or bit and pieces or paper which is causing the problem you can remote the toner and try to open the covers and tray use a flashlight to see if there is anything stuck in the paper feed to the output tray.
http://bit.ly/1fEHXv3
let me know about how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I'm afraid I'd already done all that - and have now done it again. I am afraid it is time for my printer to go to the dump and I will get a new one. Kind regards ***** *****

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated.