Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

MG3150the printer is showing E and1 followed by 6 and will

Customer Question

MG3150the printer is showing E and1 followed by 6 and will not print Can you Help please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. The error means that the ink has run out. Please check if any of the cartridge is empty and replace it in order to get the issue resolved. Replace the ink cartridge and close the paper output cover. Canon recommends using new genuine Canon cartridges in order to obtain optimum qualities. If the issue persists, please do the following. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The solution you provided did not work Any further ideas
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you replaced the empty cartridges with new one? Have you tried different cartridges? Have you tried cleaning the cartridges? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your reply. S H E F I N