Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

When trying to print my laptop just says 'printer not responding'

When trying to print my laptop just says 'printer not responding' ....I have the printer switched on correctly all the lights etc are fine on the printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model Pixma is it? How is it connected to the computer?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is Wireless and a fairly new printer. Where do I find the Pixma model number?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It should be on the machine itself. Not responding means the printer is not responding to the signal from the computer. Have you tried turning it and the computer off and on again yet?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I will do that now

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok let me know the results once you have please.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could the number by QK 19309

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
No that is not it, for now please just try turning both the printer and computer on and off again for me. You can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i have done that but no printing reponse at all. It did send paper through not printed on

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Oh that is not a good sign, can you make a copy from the scanner glass so the computer is not used at all please? This will let us rule out the computer as the cause.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I put a sheet in to be copied but nothing came through. There was a noise that usually indicates that printing will be done but nothing is coming through

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That is not a good sign and could mean you have a failing part.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done all that, in fact I replaced both cartridges with new ones. I have tried to scan for photocopy and nothing happens although the noise it usually makes comes on with nothing coming through

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
The paper does not even come through blank anymore? That is not good, how old is the printer? If over a year old did you get an extended warranty?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is 7 months old, it was a gift I have a piece of paper with European Warranty System at the top but no instructions on it. Does this go back to where it was brought from

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
No that would only work if it was less than 30 days old. You need to call this number +44 (0)207(###) ###-####to have it covered under the warranty. Normally when this happens a new one is sent out to replace it. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not open....I will call the number you gave tomorrow. Thank you Freddie for your patience

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience