Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

I have an Epson XP-102 printer scanner. Used it this morning

I have an Epson XP-102 printer scanner. Used it this morning no problem. Tried to switch it on again later and the on/off button does nothing. It looks slightly depressed and I tried pulling it out with Blu-tack but no success. Is this likely to be fixable?

I am surprised that I have to wait as it said an expert was there; and also concerned that £20 has already been taken from my PayPal account as I was led to believe I would get the chance to assess the quality of the advice. Please let me know what is happening.

Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, and for any delay. Your question has just now come through.To clarify, the way the site works is that you pay your full agreed upon amount as a deposit to the site, then you work with an expert who is eventually credited a small portion of your fee for their time, when you accept their answer. On to the epson, are there any signs of life from it at all? Lights, display screen, clicking sounds, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the on/off button is stuck so I can't switch it on.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
The on/off button isn't a toggle type switch, it is a momentary switch so even giving it a push while it is stuck down should allow it to function. Are you able to get anything under it like a small screwdriver tip and pry up on it slightly? If you unplug power at the mains briefly then back in, does it resume? If not, press the power button hard once and see if it comes back. How long have you had this printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Unplugging and plugging in again worked - thank you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Great, glad that did the trick for you! If the problem continues, or worsens, then the switch is bad and the system would have to be serviced. In general though, if you're past the 1 year warranty, it's less costly to buy a new printer. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1Md4aNC Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan