Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Kodak ESP C315. When I turn it on and open the access

I have a Kodak ESP C315. When I turn it on and open the access door to the cartridges & printhead - the carriage does not move to the center.
Can you advise?? I should add that the printer has been stored in its original box, on its side, and I forgot to remove the ink cartridges before doing so and some of the ink leaked out of the machine.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does the carriage try to move? How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The carriage doesn't sound like it makes any attempt to move. Printer must be over 5 years old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Unfortunately that means even if you had an extended warranty it would no longer be covered. Turn the machine off and try to move the carriage by hand. Does it move even slightly?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried gently trying to physically move it, although it isn't easily accessible - but it appears to be stuck.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That is a very bad sign and could mean you need a part. Instead of trying gently pull with a small amount of force and see if it moves.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No luck - I'm afraid it looks like this machine & I must part company - it really isn't worth spending any more money on it. What do you think??

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I really hate to say this but if it does not budge it would mean the carriage assembly is worn and needs to be replaced. Without a warranty this can be expensive so most people do decide to replace the machine instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.